Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cooking MaMa: Cook-Off

This will be probably one of my shortest reviews and probably the most useless. I can't imagine why anyone reading this blog would be interested in this game at all, but, I've had a chance to review it, so here goes. Before I begin, let it be known that I have only played the game maybe twice. The rest of my review is based on watching Alissa play it (who really likes it for some reason).

Gameplay: This gameplay is probably the only positive here and its a slight positive at that. The gameplay is kind of entertaining. You move the Wii remote around to move tools causing you to prepare and cook food. You do everything from open cans, crack eggs, peel potatoes, stew, fry, and anything else you can think of. Its gameplay and multi-player setup doesn't go much further than any of the other party games that have come out for the Wii. The actual game involves going head to head with the computer making meals faster and better than the computer. It sucks.

Graphics:
The graphics are absolute crap. I'm sure they tried really hard to make this work, but its a long shot. They can't even make all the food look like its supposed to.

Sound:
Also awful. You get some elevator music throughout the game and after you've completed a certain part of preparing the meal, Cooking MaMa rates how you did based on time and quality. It sounds like an Asian voice and it is hard to understand.

Replay-ability:
Unless you are a perfectionist, you only have to go through things once. Even if you completely bomb a meal, it still lets you continue the game and adds recipes no matter how you did on the selected meal.

Wrap-Up:
As I read before my wife purchased the game, its not worth the $50 they ask to own this game. I wouldn't own this game if Alissa didn't purchase it. And I definitely recommend that you rent it before you consider purchasing it. She still enjoys playing it though, so I guess I can't complain too much.

1 comment:

GoodPointJoe said...

I'd just like to point out that, despite never having played the game, I know that if this game had the music from the Benny Hill show while you were cooking, the multiplayer portion would be a hit.

I know it.